[Asterisk-Users] Multiple gateways for same dial pattern

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jafferali.net
Mon Jan 10 17:11:08 MST 2005

> But this also means that after 20 seconds of ringing it goes
> on the next dialpeer. I would like to be able to set the
> timeout Asterisk wait to establish a connection, any
> connection, with the gateway to something much shorter than it is now.

I have a similar problem. I asked the same question in a message to the
list a few days ago titles "IAX outgoing redundancy". It would seem
app_dial would need to have some code added to it to have two different
kind of timeouts, one an answer timeout (which is the current timeout in
the Dial() command) and the other a "ringing" timeout (which would be a
timeout to confirm the call has been passed on to the PSTN
successfully).

I have submitted a feature request:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003282

--