[Asterisk-Users] Ramifications of Multiple Sip Reloads Within Minutes?

Brian Wilkins brian at hcc.net
Mon Jan 10 08:43:16 MST 2005

    We have the ability to create random UID's on own system through a custom
CGI API. These UID's are written to individual sip configuration files based
on the account name, so for instance sip_TEST.conf, sip_TEST2.conf, and
sip_TEST3.conf, etc. Many of these UID's are created on the fly and at random
times throughout the day. Right now, I have it setup to do a reload every
night. Would it be damaging to do a "asterisk -rx sip reload" upon the
creation of the UID (peer name)? I am asking because I would like for the
peer names to be displayed immediately by using the sip show peers command. I
am not interested in realtime because I am running stable 1.0.3 only and also
it does not provide the qualify functionality I so desire.

--
Brian Wilkins
Software Engineer
brian at hcc.net