[Asterisk-Users] [Fwd: Re: Asterisk-Users] very loud scratchy noise!]

Steve Murphy murf at e-tools.com
Mon Jan 10 08:37:24 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 08:01 -0600, asterisk-users-
request at lists.digium.com wrote:

> > I am new to asterisk but learn a lot about it to this mailing list
> and
> > wiki currently i am facing problem about sip phone i have "PA 1688"
> > chipset ip-phone and i have iptel.org sip account i registered
> locally
> > and through iptel.org comfortably my problem is that when i called
> > from my sip phone to analog or any number after connection my sip
> > phone generates very load scartchy noise , i tried several settings
> of
> > DTMF but all in vein i enabled/disabled DTMF settings but not
> workin
> > any info any hints any suggestions please ......
>
> You didn't mention what type of analog interface you're using, but
> if it is an x100p or tdm digium card, you are probably seeing the
> same problem that lots of us have seen. If you are using either of
> those two cards, stop asterisk, reload the drivers, and restart
> asterisk. Or, simply reboot the complete system.
>
> If you're not using one of those two cards, then help us understand
> your system. What OS? What * version? What analog interface? etc.

I was having this happen quite frequently, but got the advise to

modprobe wcfxs lowpower=1

for the 4-port FXS card. And now rarely have these problems. Maybe
"lowpower=1" isn't necc.
any more, but it's my lucky rabbit's foot, and I'll keep sticking it in.

murf