[Asterisk-Users] Queue app following dialplan

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Fri Jan 7 08:08:36 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:

>     If I add a line like this: member => SIP/3044, can I still get
> login/logoff functionality? We need agent login/logff functionality AND for
> calls to not goto voicemail.

No, I was suggesting using SIP/3044 in agents.conf, not in queues.conf.
If you put it into queues.conf, that channel will be dedicated to the
queue app at all times.

Word of warning, though: I don't use chan_agent, never have. All my
queues are configured using dynamic members
(AddQueueMember/RemoveQueueMember), so what I suggested above is based
solely on the docs I've read.

If you want a SetGroup/CheckGroup based solution, email me off-list; I
have a patch for app_queue that causes it to assign groups to channels
it creates and to check group counts before calling agents. This works
well for us, it allows us to very easily control when the app will send
a call to an agent and when it will consider them "busy". I doubt this
patch will ever go into CVS, though, unless I make it part of my new
version of app_queue that'll be available in a few weeks.