[Asterisk-Users] kind of urgent

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Thu Jan 6 11:24:08 MST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 01:08:06PM -0500, Gary G. Hendershot said:

> Try WhiteBox Linux ... It's a freeware clone of Redhat Enterprise Linux ...
> Its available for download in ISO CD image form (3 CD's required) ...
> Installs and configures just like Redhat ... Am using it now with SATA
> drives ... Works well with Asterisk ...  Should be able to find a download
> site easily by Googling "WhiteBox Linux" ...

Only problem with Whitebox is that it's one guy maintaining it, and
updates are not recent. CentOS is another good alternative of you want
to stick with the RHEL line. Much larger support community. FYI, I had
been running WB on a couple servers and upgraded to CentOS on the fly
with Yum (instructions are available on how to do this - google is your
friend :-)