[Asterisk-Users] kind of urgent

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 11:35:16 MST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 19:32:24 +0200, Shoval Tomer <shoval at softov.co.il> wrote:
> Can anyone comment why shouldn't we use FC 3 for an * production system?
>
> I'm not looking to start a distro war, but we just found out that redhat
> 9 (and FC 1) don't support SATA drives, and apparently FC 3 does.
>
> We are only familiar with red hat and are in a point in time that
> switching distros is not available.
> The guy installing the system is already on location.
>
> Yes, I know we made a silly mistake. Please help us...
> Thanks.

I'm not too sure what you want help with.  You say that you are stuck
to using FC3 because earlier versions don't support SATA drives?
Could you use an older version and recompile the SATA drive support
into the kernel?  What about FC2 as it's 2.6 kernel based?

If you can't switch distributions because you don't know any other
distro's, and you don't have time to learn another one, I don't know
what you want people to say?  There is no solution to your problem as
you've set some very strict limits.

Looks like you are stuck at taking the risk of using FC3 in
production.  I've never used it in production, but hey, enjoy! :)

Thanks,
Leif Madsen - not sure what to answer with.