[Asterisk-Users] fax to email

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Thu Jan 6 10:23:41 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:
>>You can run a simple mail server on the * box to accept emails addressed
>>to the .fax domain (i.e. "mike at 3036742575.fax").  This presumes you are
>

>     Got documentation on setting this up?

Nope, I'm not in the documentation business.  But you can go right down
to your local book store and find many books on email systems.  Try "The
qmail Handbook" by Dave Sill.

>>The second method is print-to-fax.  This requires the configuration of a
>>Samba "printer" on the * box.  Using the print function in MS Office
>

>     Got documentation on setting this up?

Nope, I'm not in the documentation business.  But you can go right down
to your local bookstore and find many books on Samba.  Try "The Official
Samba-3 HOWTO" by Bruce Perens.

>>The third method is to give your users a Windows printer plug-in that
>>would send the cover sheet information along with the document (I'm
>>working on this as we speak).
>

>     Guess I'll have to wait for documentation on this until the plug-in in
> done.

Guess so.  But you can go right down to your local computer store,
purchase VB, and then write your own plug-in.

Or, instead of waiting around for someone else to do it for you, you
could try it yourself.  If you show a little effort on your part then
maybe, just maybe, someone on this list might help you.

Mike

--
Michael Welter
Introspect Telephony Corp.