[Asterisk-Users] fax to email

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Thu Jan 6 08:31:50 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 09:19 -0600, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> > You can run a simple mail server on the * box to accept emails addressed
> > to the .fax domain (i.e. "mike at 3036742575.fax").  This presumes you are
>
>     Got documentation on setting this up?

I'm getting round it at the moment using Hylafax and an external modem
to send, obviously on POTS, on the ADSL line. Spandsp picks up incoming
faxes and emails them on. I've had to install libtiff 3.7 and 3.6.1 to
get it going.

With so many fax/modems rotting in the cupboard it seemed the easy way
out.
--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>