[Asterisk-Users] "Out the box" solutions?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Wed Jan 5 17:49:36 MST 2005

A good alternative would be to try a free rebuild of RedHat Enterprise
Linux, for example www.taolinux.org. Just use the 32 bit version, the
64 bit version (if you would have the cpu) gives me trouble compiling the
kernel modules.

With 32 bit Tao it runs almost out of the box and works like a charm. You
get the (community) support, the updates, just not the RHEL bill :)

Fedora is way too experimental for any system you would want to be
stable IMHO. Choosing any free RedHat EL rebuild is a safe, conservative
and widely supported choice and easy to install (lots of docs)

Cheers!