[Asterisk-Users] IAXy Static... and other issues

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:24:26 MST 2005

> Anyone with any thoughts.... I would really appreciate any help.

Having owned one of these for several months, here's what I've learned.

If you don't have a power supply that is stable at 1200ma the IAXy
won't work. It kinda/sorta worked on a 1amp supply but it works more
consistently on a 1500ma (1.5A) supply. Symptoms of bad power supply:
noise, hoorible static at random moments, being perfectly connected
with ring (but not ringing phone), apparent total playing dead but
accepting provisioning, etc. Basic flaky behaviour has for the moment
been stopped by a new power supply.

Further, many older European phones will not ring on the regular
asterisk setup and this includes when connected to an IAXy. I have
several three year old Siemens cordless phones that will NOT ring on
the IAXy. They don't ring on asterisk either without using the 25hz
ring patch in wcfxs.c

Every once in a while, the IAXy is no longer online. Someone has
pinned this to bootp and not renewing DHCP properly. This is possible,
I am trying to *prove* it now. However, giving the IAXy a fixed
internal ip will be an easy fix.