[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 (IAXy) and DTMF Question

Brent Goran brent at netmeme.org
Mon Jan 3 21:51:47 MST 2005

I am having trouble with a DTMF-based application on Asterisk 1.0.3.

Specifically, when two IAX2-based devices are talking, when they send
DTMF to eachother, the other side only hears clicks, and maybe a
millisecond of DTMF tone, but not any real duration.

Furthermore, when one IAXy device calls the Echo test program, we can
hear our echo, but when we punch DTMF in, we get the same effect (can't
hear it, or can only hear clicks).

In contrast, when a SIP device calls the Echo test program, we can punch
DTMF all day and hear it echoed back to us.

Can anyone tell me if we're doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Brent