[Asterisk-Users] Service contract for * in NYC area

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 3 07:48:19 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 09:14 -0500, C F wrote:
> This is the original post:
> I've been contracted by a company in NYC area to install and
> congfigure an * system. However I live 70 miles from nyc, they want a
> service contract with shomeon local. Are you interested? must show
> that s/he know linux and asterisk good enough.
> How did I mislead?
> I've been contracted by a company, I'm just waiting for commitment.
> One of the problems was the popularity of astrisk in terms of getting
> a service contract. And yes the offer still stands (of course I don't
> yet have a commitment but if/when I get a commitment and they want a
> service contract, then I need one of you). If you know linux and
> asterisk this is a great oppritunity. But since I already got enough
> replies please don't reply to this message.

OK, to promote a better understanding of what my/our complaint is some
extra details:

(1) "I've been contracted by a company"

Is false as you said yourself by noting you were "waiting for
commitment".

(2) "However I live 70 miles from nyc .. shomeon local"

Here you're implying that, again, the contract is there but due to
the distance you wouldn't take it yourself but give it to someone else.

This again is false as you said yourself. The contract isn't there,
plus "when I get a commitment and they want a service contract, then
I need one of you" presumably on top of your own contract. So it's not
giving your own contract to someone else but rather getting it for
yourself in the first place and than - maybe - pull in other people as
well.

If I had been you my mail would've run like this:

"Folks

I'm currently negotiating an * deployment contract with a NY customer.
He's anxious however to get appropriate support in case I become
unavailable. To provide some ease in that direction I hence would
be grateful to learn how many of you can and are willing to provide
professional * services in the NY area. In return, if the contract
comes off and extra need arises, I'll be glad to recommend you to
my customer."

Even if you disagree, I'm convinced that approach would have been much
more likable.

Regards, Bruno.