[Asterisk-Users] Qs about FXO/FXS cards

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jan 2 09:40:13 MST 2005

> [...]
> > I'm running older, but solid hardware and not seeing any
> > issues.  I'm using a Compaq Proliant 1850R Gen1 dual PII 400
> > with 512MB ram, GB ethernet, and SATA Hardware RAID.  Cheap,
> > efficient, redundant.  And for a Debian box, good enough.
> [...]
>
> I just have to add my $0.02 here.  I've got a PIII-550 Proliant 800 that
> NEVER has any issues like this.  It's running Debian woody, and has a
> TDM400P that never has any of these issues.  It's also running 208v from
> a high quality UPS.

If we all look back over the archives, we see several postings just
like the two above, and several more that are the direct opposite.

What we don't have from anyone is any form of analysis as to why the
TDM seems to be more sensitive to certain systems then to others. No
one really knows whether the issues are associated with a certain
distro, PIII vs PIV, pci bus support chips, power supplies, ups, etc,
etc. What makes the problem identification tough is the failures tend
to occur at least a week after a reload.

Several people have noted that swapping Mobo from a PIV to a PIII cleaned
up their echo problems, but in all likelihood, the PIII had nothing to
do with it.