[Asterisk-Users] Qs about FXO/FXS cards

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Sun Jan 2 08:32:12 MST 2005

[...]
> I'm running older, but solid hardware and not seeing any
> issues.  I'm using a Compaq Proliant 1850R Gen1 dual PII 400
> with 512MB ram, GB ethernet, and SATA Hardware RAID.  Cheap,
> efficient, redundant.  And for a Debian box, good enough.
[...]

I just have to add my $0.02 here.  I've got a PIII-550 Proliant 800 that
NEVER has any issues like this.  It's running Debian woody, and has a
TDM400P that never has any of these issues.  It's also running 208v from
a high quality UPS.

As a telephone system should, it simply works.  It is forgotten about,
and used andused and used.  No one has to do much of anything to it, and
no one has to make excuses for it ("sorry..it's VoIP").

Anyone who wants to run junk hardware and beta code pretty much loses
their right to complain about the results of doing so.

Daryl