[Asterisk-Users] Suse 9.2 + CAPI Driver

Thomas Niesel thomas_n at freenet.de
Mon Feb 28 11:21:54 MST 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 05:06:47PM -0000, Victor Alvarez wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I'm trying to install CAPI Driver for Suse 9.2 and I found the documentation for this pretty old since It refers to Suse 8.2 ( http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+AVM+Fritz+CAPI+Driver+Install ). This is especially apparent when I look at the section of these instructions for altering "src.drv/makefile" to replace the occurance of "CARD_PATH".
>
>   I tried to install the driver using the default makefile, with the final result of  "capi not installed - No such device or address (6)"

Wee, hard to read your long lines, is your line wrapper broken:)

Anyway capi not installed is a message from your system that the hardware
and the nedded modules are not working (together).
Read the docs about capi4linux from your distri to get that up and running.
You need a couple of more modules from your kernel like lsmod from my box:

capidrv                26612   3
b1pci                   6276   1			myHardWare
b1dma                  10728   0  [b1pci]		myHardWare
b1                     15904   0  [b1pci b1dma]		myHardWare
capi                   17856   8
capifs                  3760   1  [capi]
kernelcapi             29728   7  [capidrv b1pci capi]
capiutil               14784   0  [capidrv kernelcapi]

>  Are there any updated documents out there?

Tons, I promise:)

--
Tho/\/\as