[Asterisk-Users] x101p + Nortel ATA2

Gary Reuter gary.reuter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:12:08 MST 2005

Hi,
Does anyone have any experience connecting Asterisk to a Meridian
system using an ATA2 and x101p?
The basics work -- I can make outbound calls, receive inbound, and use
flash to transfer calls,  but certain things do not work, specifically
with calls from internal extensions.

- Does the Meridian/ATA2 pass any kind of callerid info?  We do not
have external callerid, but I'm not even getting extension numbers.

- Calls involving an external line can use DTMF, but calls from
another internal extension cannot.  This is a problem for voicemail!
I've tried "*809" but it hasn't helped.  Is this a limitation of the
Meridian which won't pass DTMF internally?

- Calls from internal extensions do not detect hangup properly,
external calls are ok.  So if an internal extension calls to leave a
voicemail, the recording goes on until I do a sofft-hangup from the
CLI.

The plan was to use Asterisk as a voicemail server, but those three
issues make this setup completely useless for that!

Thanks,

-Gary