[Asterisk-Users] Digium Card Problems

Martijn van Oosterhout martijn at ecomtel.com.au
Mon Feb 28 03:17:51 MST 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 09:58:28AM +0200, Mark Kidd wrote:
> Hi all
>
> i need urgent help our entire switchboard is down only 5 days after it came
> up.

Read the other email first, you seem to need to know a little more
about linux also. In any case I do have one hint for you:

> [root at asterisk root]# modprobe wcfxo
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/misc/wcfxo.o: init_module: No such device
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
> inva
> lid IO or IRQ parameters.
>       You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/misc/wcfxo.o fa
> iled
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod wcfxo failed

After you load a module and it fails, the error message is generally in
the kernel logs. Type "dmesg" to see that. The lines near the end
should be helpful. They are necessary for anyone to diagnose your
problem...

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout