[Asterisk-Users] Bad soundquality on inbound calls.

Jakob jakob.thun at foodtankers.com
Mon Feb 28 01:20:59 MST 2005

Hi all,

This is my first question to this list, so please be gentle...

Last week I installed a X100P FXO-card. And with not much tweaking I had
it running fine, there is only one problem right now and it is the
soundquality.

When making a call sound is always perfect, both for the calling party
and the called party.
The problem is recieving phonecalls. The soundquality differs a lot
then. The near user hears the far-user very low. And the far user says
the sound is really bad, with a lot of distortion.

Anyone recognize this type of problem and what to do about it? Or maybe
someone can just point me in the right direction for bugfixing this.
(Ive read alot about zapata.conf and zaptel.conf. But none of the things
i've found have helped)

My setup is a 2,6GHz P4 with 256MB RAM running Fedora Core 3.
All phones are software phones (X-lite) using SIP to register on the
server, so it would look somethnk like this.
IP Phone <-> Asterisk <-> PSTN

Kind Regards,
Jakob

Detta mail har blivit skannat av F-Secure Anti-virus for Microsoft
Exchange.
For mer information, ga till http://www.F-Secure.se

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft
Exchange.