[Asterisk-Users] Digium E1/T1 card with mgetty+sendfax

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Mon Feb 28 01:37:44 MST 2005

Hi,

For the project I've used the Eicon DIVA card. It has 8 BRI ports,
and for about 25% of the time there are 7 or 8 in use. So we want
to replace it with an E1 card. Only issue is, replace it with what?

The idea we have been playing with was to get a Digium E1 card (we
already have bought lot of Quad E1 cards :-) and then just put it
back to back against Asterisk server. And instead of letting
mgetty+sendfax talk to /dev/ttyI[0-7], we use /dev/zap/[0-30].

Has anybody else ever tried this? Success- and horror stories are
welcome!

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org