[Asterisk-Users] HELP NEEDED ASTERISK AND MEDIATRIX 1102

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Feb 27 07:03:04 MST 2005

> The mediatrix configuration tru the unit manager software is like going
> tru hell.My mediatrix unit is failing when it come to registering it
> self with the asterisk box. I have set the realm to asterisk but still
> nothing.
> Does any one know what proper MIB variables to set and their full path
> under the MIB tree??. There seems to be a million of them
> Thanks in advance

Its been about six months since I messed around with a Mediatrix 1204
(which is not a lot different then the 1102). I'm very familiar with
snmp mib's, and it took me a while to find the correct ones, but it
is doable.

For me, it helped to expand the entire mib tree and read the descriptions
for those that seemed like they were of interest. (The 1204 fxo box did
not have any registration support, but its my understanding their fxs
boxes do support registration.)

Once the sip proxy stuff is defined, there are only three values that
need to be defined for registration to occur. The equivalent of userid,
password, and realm. You can probably get away with not even defining
the password (in both * and the 1102), dropping that to only two mib
variables to be found.

If you're new to asterisk, I'd strongly suggest that after making any
sip.conf changes to asterisk, that you stop and restart asterisk. Do
not rely on asterisk 'reload' as not everything gets reread/restarted
for certain sip changes.

As I recall from playing with the 1204, it too required a reboot for
certain changes to take effect. Don't know if that applies to the 1102
or not.

Then, don't forget to try 'sip debug' and rebooting the 1102 to see
what asterisk believes is happening. It should point you in the right
direction.