[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk With Broadvoice

asterisk at billwho.com asterisk at billwho.com
Fri Feb 25 07:42:09 MST 2005

OK,

After checking into this, I have found the following:

I can set it up so either incoming or outgoing sip calls on this trunk
work but NOT both.  The "sip show registry" command shows everything as
it should be.

The section from my sip.conf is as follows:

[Broadvoice]
username = 2xxxxxxxxx
type=peer
secret=password
nat=yes
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=2xxxxxxxxxx
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=inband
canreinvite=no

My registry string is:
21xxxxxxxx at sip.broadvoice.com:password at sip.broadvoice.com

If I remove type=peer from [Broadvoice] in sip.conf incoming calls work
great but outgoing calls don't work.  If i leave type=peer in there,
outgoing calls work great but incoming calls get routed to Broadvoice's
Voicemail . . .