[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk With Broadvoice

Roger Hanson roger at makarios.us
Fri Feb 25 07:01:22 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <asterisk at billwho.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:12 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk With Broadvoice

>I have configured asterisk with the AMP php configuration utility.  I
>am able to make outgoing calls through broadvoice but incoming calls
>are sent to BV's Voicemail and never actually enter the IVR.  When I
>show sip debug info through the asterisk prompt it actually reads the
>incoming call from BV but then issues a busy signal sending the call to
>BV's voicemail.
>
> I also modified extensions.conf as follows:
> [from-sip-external]
> include => from-pstn
>
> I have set up my sip trunk in AMP as follows:
>
> Trunk Name: Broadvoice
> Peer Details:
> dtmfmode=inband
> fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
> fromuser=21xxxxxxxx
> host=sip.broadvoice.com
> qualify=yes
> secret=password
> type=peer
> username=21xxxxxxxx
>
> My Incoming Settings are:
> User Context: sip.broadvoice.com
> User Details:
> context=from-pstn
> dtmfmode=inband
> fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
> host=sip.broadvoice.com
> nat=yes
> secret=password
> user=21xxxxxxxx
> username=21xxxxxxxx
>
> My register string:
> 21xxxxxxxx at sip.broadvoice.com:password at sip.broadvoice.com

Something to double check and something to try (in that order):

1.  check your password.  It's not the password you registered at their
website with.  They send you an email with a different password in it
you need to use.  The password you registered at their website is just
for logging into their website.

2.  Try using a standard registration string - not the one they show
you.  Use number:password at sip.broadvoice.com instead of the one they
show you on the website.

See if one of those things is the trouble.

If that doesn't work, look at "sip show registry" and see what's
registered.
asterisk*CLI> sip show registry
Host                                          Username        Refresh
State
sip.broadvoice.com:5060         952225xxxx          15
Registered