[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk With Broadvoice

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Fri Feb 25 13:49:02 MST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:42:09 +0000
  "asterisk at billwho.com" <asterisk at billwho.com> wrote:
> OK,
>
> After checking into this, I have found the following:
>
> I can set it up so either incoming or outgoing sip calls
>on this trunk work but NOT both.  The "sip show registry"
>command shows everything as it should be.
>
> The section from my sip.conf is as follows:
>
> [Broadvoice]
> username = 2xxxxxxxxx
> type=peer
> secret=password
> nat=yes
> host=sip.broadvoice.com
> fromuser=2xxxxxxxxxx
> fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
> dtmfmode=inband
> canreinvite=no
>
> My registry string is:
> 21xxxxxxxx at sip.broadvoice.com:password at sip.broadvoice.com
>
> If I remove type=peer from [Broadvoice] in sip.conf
>incoming calls work great but outgoing calls don't work.
> If i leave type=peer in there, outgoing calls work great
>but incoming calls get routed to Broadvoice's Voicemail .
>. .
>

> Roger Hanson wrote:
>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From:
>><asterisk at billwho.com>

>>> fromuser=21xxxxxxxx
>>> host=sip.broadvoice.com
>>> qualify=yes
>>> secret=password
>>> type=peer
>>> username=21xxxxxxxx
>>>
>>> My Incoming Settings are:
>>> User Context: sip.broadvoice.com
>>> User Details:
>>> context=from-pstn
>>> dtmfmode=inband
>>> fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
>>> host=sip.broadvoice.com
>>> nat=yes
>>> secret=password
>>> user=21xxxxxxxx
>>> username=21xxxxxxxx
>>>
>>> My register string:
>>> 21xxxxxxxx at sip.broadvoice.com:password at sip.broadvoice.com
>>>

>> Something to double check and something to try (in that
>>order):
>>
>> 1.  check your password.  It's not the password you
>>registered at
>> their website with.  They send you an email with a
>>different password
>> in it you need to use.  The password you registered at
>>their website
>> is just for logging into their website.
>>
>> 2.  Try using a standard registration string - not the
>>one they show
>> you.  Use number:password at sip.broadvoice.com instead of
>>the one they
>> show you on the website.
>>
>> See if one of those things is the trouble.
>>
>> If that doesn't work, look at "sip show registry" and
>>see what's
>> registered.
>> asterisk*CLI> sip show registry
>> Host                                          Username
>>       Refresh
>> State
>> sip.broadvoice.com:5060         952225xxxx          15
>>Registered

Did you try changing what Roger wrote in number two above?

2. Try using a standard registration string - not the one
they show you. Use number:password at sip.broadvoice.com
instead of the one they show you on the website.

I see you did not change that in your second post.