[Asterisk-Users] FW: Getting PHP Config to work?

C. Tomlinson asterisk_list at burntwires.com
Fri Feb 25 06:32:15 MST 2005

Hi,

I have been doing various testing with asterisk and its been going great.
However I am a bit feedup of using vi for editing configs, and would rather
do it from any machine on my LAN. I am running debian and * via xorcom rapid
on a test PC at the minute.

Hence phpconfig would be great, however I am having difficulty getting it to
work. I have searched the message boards and the wiki, and found nothing of
help for this problem :(

I have a full working apache/php setup (default install) and have added the
phpconfig files to the www dir, and they are accessible over the LAN. So far
so good.

I Can read the files fine.

However I cannot write any files, I get the error:

User: admindoes not have access to this feature.
Write failed!

I tried messing with the CHMOD settings of the files but no joy.

My manager.conf looks like:

;
; Asterisk Call Management support
;
[general]
enabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

[admin]
secret = secret
;deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
;permit=209.16.236.73/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user

I can successfully telnet into the manager interface through shell on the
local machine and winxp machine on the LAN

I have moved asterisk.reload into /bin, and if I run it from the shell I get
a successful? Output:

pbx01:~# /bin/asterisk.reload
Asterisk Call Manager/1.0

Can anyone help? It is the same error the online example gives. Is it
something to do with specific admin rights in xorcom, or have I missed
something fundamentally wrong out? I have checked the php files and the
paths seem to be OK (default * installs)
I have a couple of ideas as to the problem:
-PHP needs something enabled e.g safemode?
-Xorcom has changed something phpconfig needs e.g * not running as root or
something?

Many Thanks,