[Asterisk-Users] CDR writing incorrect data to pgsql tables

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Feb 25 07:14:25 MST 2005

James Bean <james at hdcs.com.au> wrote:
[...]
> I am sorry I did not see anything in any of the docs about analogue
> lines causing ANSWERED response on all calls. Could you point me in
> the right direction to a fix or setup that fixes this situation?

The only real fix is to get some form of digital service, either ISDN
or VoIP. There is no reliable means to detect when a call has been
answered on an analogue line, so Asterisk doesn't bother trying.

The usual kludge for analogue PBXes is to assume that a call was
answered only if the recorded time is longer than a certain number of
seconds.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key