[Asterisk-Users] Delay after entering digits with IVR

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 20:34:55 MST 2005

> In either case (background or backgrounddetect) when I hit 1 or 2 there
> is a 5 to 8 second delay AFTER I hit the button before it goes to the
> menu.
I think setting the digit timeout would help.
DigitTimeout(seconds)  : Set maximum timeout between digits

exten => s,1,Wait,1                     ; Wait a second, just for fun
exten => s,2,Answer                     ; Answer the line
exten => s,3,SetMusicOnHold,default
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,5         ; Set Response Timeout
exten => s,5,DigitTimeout,1         ; Set Digit Timeout to 1 sec

Adjust to taste

See http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+DigitTimeout

hth