[Asterisk-Users] Delay after entering digits with IVR

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Thu Feb 24 19:04:30 MST 2005

Yes, I am trying to collect digits during the playback of a file. I have
tried both background and backgrounddetect with the same result.

Basically I have a menu - Press 1 if you know your parties extension,
press 2 for a directory.

In either case (background or backgrounddetect) when I hit 1 or 2 there
is a 5 to 8 second delay AFTER I hit the button before it goes to the
menu.