[Asterisk-Users] IAXY DNS possibilities??

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Feb 24 15:19:05 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 16:04 -0600, Richards, Jim wrote:
> There is no DNS functionality built into the IAXY,  I am assuming you want
> to be able to home onto a SOHO site with a dynamic IPaddress.
>
>   I have not been able to figure out a clean way to do theis (make it easy
> for the roaming sales-folk etc,) who will not have a high tolerance for
> running something like an IAXYPROV.

While not solving your salesmen problem, for a soho environment you just
need a machine running asterisk on the inside of the firewall. It
doesn't have to be very much of a system. In fact that might be the
perfect use for those linksys routers running linux.

The use of an asterisk install closer to the IAXY eliminates several
problems I have read about.