[Asterisk-Users] IAXY DNS possibilities??

Richards, Jim jim.richards at dot.state.wi.us
Thu Feb 24 15:04:13 MST 2005

There is no DNS functionality built into the IAXY,  I am assuming you want
to be able to home onto a SOHO site with a dynamic IPaddress.

  I have not been able to figure out a clean way to do theis (make it easy
for the roaming sales-folk etc,) who will not have a high tolerance for
running something like an IAXYPROV.

  You would need to somehow have an external fixed address which would
redirect all of your traffic to the dynamic address,  I have found no way to
do this, your best bet is to pony up the extra cash for a fixed address
(usually 3-4x the cost)

I would love to hear if anyone has figured this one out, as I have 5 IAXY's
which are not doing me much good at this point.

Jim