[Asterisk-Users] IAXY DNS possibilities??

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 05:01:21 MST 2005

>   You would need to somehow have an external fixed address which would
> redirect all of your traffic to the dynamic address,  I have found no way to
> do this, your best bet is to pony up the extra cash for a fixed address
> (usually 3-4x the cost)
>
> I would love to hear if anyone has figured this one out, as I have 5 IAXY's
> which are not doing me much good at this point.

I used the following solution:

Since I was also using SIP, I had a cron job running to detect ip
change and post new ip on DYNDNS.ORG (which won't do anything for iaxy
but wait). Although this worked fine, phones like Grandstreams still
had to be rebooted as they only do DNS upon boot. Good to know.

For the IAXy, in the cron job, I created a new iaxyprov.conf file
containing the new ip. Then I did a "manual" provision. Ok, I forgot
one handy detail, my own home ip was static. However, travellers could
use DDNS on the client end (buying domains is pretty cheap thses
days.)

The above system worked until I was finally able to get a static ip on
the asterisk box.