[Asterisk-Users] multiple sip phones behind firewall

David Uzzell asterisk-list at uzzell.com.au
Thu Feb 24 01:13:27 MST 2005

Paul P. Pongco wrote:
> Hello List,
>

> Can you please point me to the right resources on making multiple sip
> phones behind a firewall w/ private address work with asterisk w/c is on
> a public network.
> I have seen STUN on the grandstream and Xtunnels on X-lite. What is most
> deployed by members here with similar setups?
> Thanks.

My sugestion would be if you have more than a couple of phones behind
this one firewall, why wouldn't you run a very basic * server to coonect
all those SIP phones to and then IAX to the external * server. This does
not have as much issues with the firewall and then you could possibly
take advantage of some of the bandwidth saving features in IAX for your
connection.

Just a thought and I don't know how that will work with your operation
but that is what I thought might be an Option.

David Uzzell