[Asterisk-Users] multiple sip phones behind firewall

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Wed Feb 23 21:16:36 MST 2005

There are so many possibilities here...

First, get hold of every whitepaper that you can find on NAT Traversal in
SIP, so you at least understand the issue.

In my case, with Grandstream phones, I set them to use STUN, and make sure
that they use a dynamic port.

Your ultimate solution will be dependent on your Phones and your Firewall,
and whether you intend on registering the phones directly on Asterisk, or
via a SIP proxy (like SER) first.