[Asterisk-Users] List tips for new subscribers

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Wed Feb 23 16:52:20 MST 2005

Guys.. Im new to asterisk and this list in particular but if I may (and due
to the fact that some people out there might just be saying: "you may not",
I need to add this for you: "I don’t care"), anyways, if I may add a couple
of points here:

1. I agree with the idea that there should be 2 lists, one for newbies and
people that ARE willing to help them answer their silly questions as many of
you have put them, and one list for the experts in which you can discuss
whatever you like on a more advanced level.

2. I know how the "experts" feel because Im also on some PHP lists and I'm
very proficient in PHP, kind of an "expert", but We still feel a
responsibility to let newbies learn and move into PHP if they feel like it,
ah! And don’t forget, We also share our source code for thing We have made
in the past so that newbies can learn from them and even, God forbid, make
them even better.

"Experts" feel that if they had a hard learning curve, then everybody else
should at least pay their way into these forums by having to google for at
least 3 months.... Why don’t instead of making people have to read their
asses of for 3 months, We actually help them grasp things easier so that
they can start building new things sooner and then give back something to
the comunnity faster or start helping other newbies.

My point is, guys, We are not old-school anymore, thins have changed, people
has changed, if you already know how to work your way around asterisk, and
took you long and hard days to figure out SIP, IAX, or whatever, why don’t
you use that expertise and help other people understand it better, sooner,
so that they can start doing new things with * rather than habing to
reinvent things.

Also, neither PHP users, nor *, or even C people are elite (313373), that’s
a term of the past... Quite used on the warez scenes... :)

Just my 2 cents...