[Asterisk-Users] Problem connecting a TE410P to an E1/IP equipment

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Feb 23 14:04:05 MST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Johan Bilien wrote:

> But why would I only have a LOF error on one side?

You could have one damaged pair in the cable. I.e. Asterisk can hear the
other box, but the other box does not hear Asterisk. Ususally you would
expect a red alarm (Loss of Signal) and not a LOF in that case. The cable
may be good enough to receive the signal, but with enough errors to
prevent the framing to be detected. Unusual, but possible.

Of course, it could just be a configuration mismatch.

Try placing loops at various places and see if the machines can see
themselves after a round trip.

Peter