[Asterisk-Users] Problem connecting a TE410P to an E1/IP equipment

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Thu Feb 24 07:52:33 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005, Peter Svensson wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Johan Bilien wrote:
>
> > On the latter, I can choose the linetype to be one of the following:
> >
> > E1Unframed           - 2 Mbit/sec unframed signal
> > E1                   - 2 Mbit/sec framed PCM31 signal
> > E1Crc                - 2 Mbit/sec framed PCM31 signal with CRC
> > E1Mf                 - 2 Mbit/sec framed PCM30 multiframed signal
> > E1CrcMf              - 2 Mbit/sec framed PCM30 multiframed signal with
> > CRC
> >
> > Since I want to use PRI signaling I have configured zaptel in CCS mode.
> > So I think the right choice on the other equipment would be "E1", am I
> > right? Or is it "E1Mf"?
>
> The "E1" setting aboe is for an E1 with *no* signalling channel, a very
> uncommon configuration. Use E1CrcMf and enable CRC on the asterisk box.
> E1:s are almost exclusivly run in multiframe mode and with a dedicated
> signalling channel.

Ok, I now configured the equipment with the following settings:

E1T1 Interface IO-1/2  :
admin                on
status               Down
alias
timeslots            (0-31)
lineType             E1CrcMf
cfa                  true
idleCode             0x7e
lineCode             HDB3
restoreTime          721E1
lineLen              Not supported for E1
sensitivity          Not supported for E1
gain                 Not supported for E1
fdl                  N/A
dsucsu               Not supported for E1
ifClkType            Card
ifClkSrc             N/A
loopStatus           None
hasCesSignaling      false
RxLineLoop           off

and zaptel with CCS/HDB3/CRC4. But the equipment still reports the LOF
alarm and zaptel a yellow alarm :(

One thing, the equipment is an E1/IP tunneling system. I'm not sure
about the hasCesSignaling option, which is described as "E1/T1 has a
Cesoip service that carry its signaling". When set to true, zaptel gets
a red alarm instead.

Thanks,
Johan.