[Asterisk-Users] 7960 Not Picking up new firmware.

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Wed Feb 23 09:43:46 MST 2005

Gary,
Thanks again. You help has been invaluable. 'preciate it

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gary G.
Hendershot
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:26 AM
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] 7960 Not Picking up new firmware.

You have to change the image name in the OS79XX.txt and SIPDefault.cnf
files to match the name of BIN file you are trying to load ... With
versions of the firmware prior to 7.x, the name you put in the
OS79XX.txt file and the SIPDefault.cnf files are the same; simply the
BIN file name less the BIN extension  ...  As you get to version 7.x and
up, the file name you put in OS79XX.txt is actually the name of a
"Universal Loader" ... The name of the SIP binary image is entered in
SIPDefault.cnf ...

I got a help on this one from a pretty decent article on the WIKI at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+cisco+79xx  ...  Look at
the section header Software Upgrade Requirements ...  This gave me the
clues I needed to get the 7.3 Sip image to load properly ...

G.Hendershot