[Asterisk-Users] avaya 4602

Daye daye1997 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 09:39:54 MST 2005

After downloading the firmware from a tftp server for
avaya 4602 ip phone, my phone console keeps getting
message saying contacting http server.

according to this link:

http://voip-info.org/wiki-Avaya+4602+configuration

My phone hangs at "Contacting HTTP Server" while
performing a firmware update
Either your phone cannot download the sip_4602D01A.txt
file (in which case it will request an appsip.ebin
application file) or it cannot download the correct
boot and application firmware files.

My question is how do I reset the phone to the factory
default, I have the user's guide about resetting,
tried, also tried use mute button and 73736#. still
not working. there is no way i could have the phone to
look for the tftp server again either dhcp or static.