[Asterisk-Users] Creating extension groups

Kanishka Somaratne kani at technoportal.biz
Wed Feb 23 08:27:21 MST 2005

Hi

I want to create 2 groups of extensions, for example group 1 can't make outgoing calls they can only call other extensions and extensions of group 2. group 2 can call any of the extensions + they can make out going calls using our SIP server.

Please let me know how to do this. I was going through the docs and I sae that I have to specify a group in zapta.conf , this is not clear please explain how to do this in detailed.

I want to know how to route all outgoing calls through our SIP server and how to stop some of the extensions from taking outgoing calls

Thank you,

Kanishka