[Asterisk-Users] Minimal hardware requirements

Mark Eissler mark at mixtur.com
Tue Feb 22 07:52:36 MST 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, at 7:35 PM, Rudolf Ladyzhenskii wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I am doing "prrof of concept" system. I will have two IP phones
> connected to Asterisk box. Box itself will have 1 PSTN conenction and
> one analog phone conenction. A basic minimal configuration.
>
> At the moment I am planning to use an old PII-350 with 128M of RAM I
> have lying around. I can not test anything yet, as I am waiting for
> phones to arrive, so question is will that be enough to demonstrate?

Scrap any analog connections. Get a VOIP SIP adapter to handle analog.
Setup VOIP to PSTN termination via one of the many providers. No need
for TDM cards. Your system will work fine. I've done this on an old
Pentium Pro with only 128MBs for a small system. You only need bigger
hardware if you're going to add many more users. Two SIP phones is
nothing.

-mark

Mark Eissler, mark at mixtur.com
Mixtur Interactive, Inc. - at - http://www.mixtur.com