[Asterisk-Users] Minimal hardware requirements

Roderick A. Anderson raa at mailporter.net
Mon Feb 21 18:39:32 MST 2005

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I am doing "prrof of concept" system. I will have two IP phones connected to Asterisk box. Box itself will have 1 PSTN conenction and one analog phone conenction. A basic minimal configuration.
>
> At the moment I am planning to use an old PII-350 with 128M of RAM I have lying around. I can not test anything yet, as I am waiting for phones to arrive, so question is will that be enough to demonstrate?

I am trying a similar setup and did get one error about needing at least
256 MByte RAM.  I'm doing this very sporadically so I can't remember
which application gave the error.  US$50.00 at Office Max and I have a ,
hopefully , < $500 home phone system.  Which is being used to proto type
a system for the office.

Rod
--
---