[Asterisk-Users] MultiLine Sip Phones

Tomas Paseka tom at inspirednetworking.com
Sat Feb 19 00:04:28 MST 2005

would an option where you could view it from a website or on your
computer be good?

coz there are a few ones out there like that, one in the wiki....

James Bean wrote:

>Sorry Newbie asking everyones option.
>
>I am setting up a couple of small asterisk phone systems for my work, I
>started using some snom 190 and bt102 sip phones (the bt102 works really
>well with iLBC), but the complaint from my workmates is there is no way
>to see if other people are on there phone or not, or what lines are
>being used.
>
>The snom 190 only has 5 function keys, the snom 220 seems a bit over the
>top for simple users.
>
>What suggestions do people have on some sip phones that support multiple
>(6 or more but 10 or more would be better) keys where I can program
>extension numbers and lines to and use hint from my asterisk box to give
>updates out (I assume that's what it is for).
>
>I was looking at the 3Com Business Phone 3102 as its not really that
>expensive and looks like it comes with 18 programmable buttons which is
>great, has anyone had any experience with these phones and doing this or
>have any better ideas or suggestions?
>
>As an extra note I am in Australia so not all brands are available down
>here.
>
>James Bean

Inspired Networking                                 PO Box 132
tom at inspirednetworking.com                          Braddon ACT 2612
http://www.inspired.net.au/
Ph: 1300 30 1222 (customer priority line only)
Ph: 02 6262 6962 (anyone else)                      3/54 Northbourne Av
Fx: 02 6230 1223 (everyone!)                        Canberra City

Unlimited ADSL from $39.95!
512/512 Unlimited ADSL from $89.95!
1.5M/256 Unlimited ADSL from $89.95!
Enquire for details!