[Asterisk-Users] MultiLine Sip Phones

James Bean james at hdcs.com.au
Fri Feb 18 03:47:29 MST 2005

Sorry Newbie asking everyones option.

I am setting up a couple of small asterisk phone systems for my work, I
started using some snom 190 and bt102 sip phones (the bt102 works really
well with iLBC), but the complaint from my workmates is there is no way
to see if other people are on there phone or not, or what lines are
being used.

The snom 190 only has 5 function keys, the snom 220 seems a bit over the
top for simple users.

What suggestions do people have on some sip phones that support multiple
(6 or more but 10 or more would be better) keys where I can program
extension numbers and lines to and use hint from my asterisk box to give
updates out (I assume that's what it is for).

I was looking at the 3Com Business Phone 3102 as its not really that
expensive and looks like it comes with 18 programmable buttons which is
great, has anyone had any experience with these phones and doing this or
have any better ideas or suggestions?

As an extra note I am in Australia so not all brands are available down
here.

James Bean