[Asterisk-Users] MultiLine Sip Phones

Race Vanderdecken asteriskusers at codetyrant.com
Sat Feb 19 08:50:26 MST 2005

If you are new to VoIP then by all means get phones that can be
controlled via a web page from the phone.

I will say that SNOM has done a great job with their web interface to
the phones. I would praise others, but all I have seen are the Sipura
and the Cisco ATA, both not real intuitive web pages on the phones.

When you have phones all over the place it is much easier to log in to
the phone and make changes. Having to go to a phone is not easy at 2:00
AM when a user calls says they can't use their phone.

Life is just better if you can web directly to the phone and discuss in
a civilized manner why the phone is refusing to cooperate vs. mashing
buttons and gnu-gnashing teeth with a 1 or 2 line LCD displays.

Come to think of it, why don't soft-phones have web interfaces?

If you have a web accessible phone please tell me about it, off-line
too, I need to increase my inventory of phone models.

Race "The Tyrant" Vanderdecken