[Asterisk-Users] fax with asterisk

Mark Eissler mark at mixtur.com
Fri Feb 18 07:51:12 MST 2005

On Feb 17, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Justin Richards wrote:

>  I don't do a lot
> of faxing, but I would like to know I'm going to receive them when I
> do get one..

I think therein lies the key to your problem. If you're not doing a lot
of faxing then its hard to know if the problem is at your end or if its
somewhere else (like your ISP). Sending or receiving a fax every now
and then means you can easily fall into this situation:

	1) after a successful fax or two during a given period of time you
think AHA! this is working without a hitch.

	2) after an unsuccessful fax or two during a given period of time you
think DANG! this is no longer working....what changed at *my* end?

At least that has been my experience using several VOIP providers but
always the same ISP with no changes at my end.

It comes down to the fact that some people are lucky to have an ISP
that maintains their network properly while others must suffer at the
hands of an ISP that does a really crummy job.

-mark

Mark Eissler, mark at mixtur.com
Mixtur Interactive, Inc. - at - http://www.mixtur.com