[Asterisk-Users] fax with asterisk

Justin Richards driise at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:32:34 MST 2005

Hmm I don't know what to think now.  I just tested again, using a
Cannon Multi-function laser fax/printer (G3) I got very few fake imput
errors, and the fax went through almost perfect. (PSTN to *)....

Using a Brother MFC 3820CN that is attached via IAXy on private LAN, I
get tons of fake imput's and a non-usable fax.

Keeping in mind that the Brother MFC / IAXy used to work fine before i
patched everything....  Is there any known issues using an IAXy with
fax machines?

I ordered a Sipura 2000 yesterday just to try out some other hardware
so when that gets in I'll try it out dedicating a port to the fax
machine.  I might simply stop using * fax all together if I can make
the Brother work well receiving through the Sipura..  I don't do a lot
of faxing, but I would like to know I'm going to receive them when I
do get one..