[Asterisk-Users] UIP-200, registers, 4 seconds pass, then #1 disconnected

Robert Burcham rob_burcham at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 09:29:43 MST 2005

No kidding, every time.

I know I have the config via tftp working.  Funny
story - I was getting nowhere with it and then decided
to tcpdump on the tftpd box, and wow!  The UIP-200
tftp client was looking for the uniden<mac>.txt in
lower-case!  Hah!

That was easy to fix.  Now the config is transferred
to the UIP-200 at startup.  It registers to the *
server.  The phone displays time and station name.
Watch the clock tick 4 times and bingo, it says #1
DISCONNECTED.

If I power up the phone, then pick up the handset
before the 4 seconds and dial, the call proceeds
nicely.  The instant I hang up, I get #1 DISCONNECTED.

If I power up the phone, then pick up the handset
before the 4 seconds and hang it up, I get #1
DISCONNECTED immediately.

I have 2 Sipura handsets configured and working with
the * server all on the same network.

Relevant info follows:

asterisk 1.0.5 - Gentoo/sparc64
UIP-200 firmware version - BS4.63

Relevant sip.conf:

[rob_office]
type=friend
host=dynamic
defaultip=192.168.100.203
;username=blah
;secret=blah
dtmfmode=rfc2833 ; Choices are inband, rfc2833, or
info
mailbox=1000 ; Mailbox for message waiting indicator
context=sip
callerid="Rob's Office" <2122>
;nat=route
nat=never
;qualify=yes
qualify=no
canreinvite=yes
;canreinvite=no
;port=5060

Any help is appreciated... please CC my email too.  I
*did* subscribe to the list, but strangely I have not
yet received any reply email from the subscription
bot.

Thanks,
Rob