[Asterisk-Users] Anyone having trouble with VoicePulse Connect?

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 19:20:38 MST 2005

--- Robert Webb <asterisk at ropeguru.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hmm. I guess that would be one way to do it.

But we still have the issue of what happens when calls
come in from DIDs in other countries. How are our
colleagues in Europe and Asia handling this? Are you
all creating handlers that special-case your incoming
DID pattern and then map it to the handler for 's' as
Robert demonstrated above?

I guess the fundamental question is "why is a call
coming in from a DID any different?" And, of course,
"does a call coming in _not_ from a DID (maybe via an
SIP device? I don't know what the options are!) get
automagically handled by the 's' handler without
special mappings?"

Any deep insight into this issue would be welcome. I
hate not knowing WHY I have to do magic incantations.

Cheers,
Maya