[Asterisk-Users] Anyone having trouble with VoicePulse Connect?

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Thu Feb 17 19:12:48 MST 2005

Robert Webb wrote:

> [...]
I have found contexts to be something that get easily screwed up when I
am in a hurry to just see that a new provider account is functional.

I put everything in the default context first time around just to make
sure a new account is functional. I then make a call to the number and
goto a test extension handled by kphone on linux. I answer it and put it
on hold(music on hold is a quick cheap quality test). I then use kphone
to transfer to the echo test extension.

Quick cheap outbound test? I just put something like this in the default
context of extensions.conf and use kphone to dial extension 9002

;voicepulse
exten => 9002,1,Playback(transfer); Let them know what's going on
exten => 9002,2,SetCallerID("acme" <2079329002>); Set your CallerID as a
ten digit number like this. See our FAQ
exten =>
9002,3,DIAL(IAX2/xxxxx:yyyyy at gwiaxt02.voicepulse.com/12079330123,20,mtr)
exten => 9002,4,Playback(demo-nogo)     ; Couldn't connect to the demo site
exten => 9002,5,Goto(s,6)               ; Return to the start over message.

If that works I then check my cdr log. After that I carefully set
context and other parameters.