[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 FXO not responding to inbound rings after 30ish days?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Feb 17 16:05:39 MST 2005

> I am having an issue where my TDM400P FXO module stops acknowledging
> incoming rings after running for about a month.
> My system is an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ with 256MB RAM, ABIT NF7S
> motherboard, Slackware (Linux 2.4.26) and Asterisk from CVS Stable (1.0).
>
> All outbound dialing continues to work during this condition. Stopping
> and restarting Asterisk does not resolve this issue. The only resolution
> is to unload and reload drivers.
>
> The only reference to such an issue was in this posting on Feb 9th, but
> no resolution was supplied.
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-February/088520.html

Its a common problem that many (all?) of us have had since the card
first came out. Digium is well aware of the problem and has been
quitely working on diagnosing/resolving the problem. (As you can
imagine, it's not easy to diagnose something that only happens once
every two weeks or so.)

I've modified my TDM card, but am also waiting to see if it has any
impact on the problem. I've got another week or two to go.