[Asterisk-Users] Using Hylafax and Digium T100P

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Wed Feb 16 19:57:17 MST 2005

"Rich Adamson" <radamson at routers.com> wrote:

> Any analog modem (fax or pc) is going to be limited to 9600 baud or
> slower,
> and will only achieve that speed if g711 is used through the entire path
> (including asterisk). If a modem call comes in one T1 (or PRI) and goes
> out another, asterisk is still handling the pcm packets. The packets don't
> magically jump across T1 cards (or T1 ports on the same card).

Rich,

I'm not quite sure what you're concluding here, but we routinely fax
hylafax->asterisk->hylafax and hylafax->asterisk->PSTN in a variety of
analog and digital configurations, with and without channel banks at speeds
up to 33,600.

There's no reason Lee's outline:

T1 --> TE405P(1) --> Asterisk --> TE405P(2) --> Patton 2977 --> HylaFAX

won't work perfectly well. Granted the Patton 2997 is limited to 14,400
maximum, but with other T1 cards such as Eicon Diva Server and Brooktrout
TR1034 there's no problem negotiating and sustaining V.34 speeds
(14,400 ->33,600).

Forgive me if I musinderstood your post, and wield your clue bat gently! ;-)

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer